4th Annual Knowledge Economy Network (KEN) Forum
Building Knowledge Economy through
the Innovation Ecosystem:
The Role of Innovation Hubs
The fourth Knowledge Economy Network (KEN) Forum, co-organized with the Municipality of the City of Ljubljana, on 25 - 26 November 2014 will take place at the historical City Hall of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Prior to the Forum, preparatory workshops are being co-organised with KEN Partners, producing draft recommendations addressed to various actors in the domains of knowledge economy – to be presented, discussed and adopted at the Forum.
REASONS TO ATTEND:
- Learn from global best practice in developing innovation hubs;
- Meet and network with policymakers, stakeholders, academics, business people, media representatives and NGOs from across the world;
- Possibilities for consultations and »comparing notes« on relevant policy dilemmas in all the main domains of knowledge economy;
- Participate at KEN General Meeting;
- Build several useful contacts and partnerships with innovative companies, and R&D, education & training institutions – for projects and project ideas to be implemented anywhere;
- Meet prospective partners from Slovenia and countries in the region of Central and SE Europe - individual meetings and visits will be arranged prior or after the Forum.
Traditional KEN Awards will be presented for outstanding achievements in 4 domains of knowledge economy (education, R&D, innovation and entrepreneurship), together with a special award in the category of Media and NGOs, for their contribution to knowledge society.
PARTICIPATION is on invitation-basis only, and there is no fee charged.
ACCOMMODATION: Best Western Premier Hotel Slon Ljubljana – 400m from the City Hall.
Hotel Slon in downtown Ljubljana will offer Forum participants special room rates (€88 and €98 per night, including breakfast). For hotel reservation and payment, please contact the hotel directly. Please mention 'KEN-2014' when making the reservation in order to benefit from the special rates.
Dr. Boris Cizelj