66th Lindau Meeting with Nobel Laureates
Dedicated to physics in 2016
The Bangladesh Academy of Sciences is pleased to announce that the call for the 66th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting with Nobel Laureates from the field of Physics is now open. The meeting will be held from June 26th– July 1st, 2016 on the isle of Lindau, situated on Lake Constance in south Germany. (www.lindau-nobel.org). Undergraduate students, master and doctoral students and young postdoctoral scientists in the field of Physics and closely related disciplines who want to participate, are invited to submit their application to the Bangladesh Academy of Sciences, the academic partner for the Lindau Meetings and nominating institution for the participants from Bangladesh.
The Academy will make a national selection process .Those who succeed in this national selection process, which will be not more than six candidates, will then be nominated to the international selection process, which is conducted by the Lindau Review Panel. This panel makes the final selection from up to 1,500 profiles for every meeting before finally choosing the top 500 applicants who will receive an invitation to Lindau. In general, young researchers are eligible to be nominated if:
- they are not older than 35 years of age,
- they have not participated in previous Lindau Meetings,
- show a genuine interest in science and research
- show a strong commitment to their principal field of studies and to interdisciplinary work, for example by double degrees or interdisciplinary projects
- receive strong support of their application by their academic advisor and/or by internationally renowned scientists, through a detailed letter of recommendation
- be fluent in English and capable of active participation in discussions
- they can provide records of distinctly above-average academic achievements
- and at least one letter of recommendation.
Applicants should first apply online on or before 22 October 2015 in the website: www.lindau-bangladesh.org (Mozilla Firefox Browser is preferable, Application area: Physics, Year: 2015). Shortlisted applicants should be ready to supply more information when requested.
Lindau Focal Point
Bangladesh Academy of Sciences