2022 IAP YOUNG PHYSICIAN LEADERS (YPL)
We are very pleased to announce that IAP is seeking candidates for the 12th IAP Young Physician Leaders (YPL) Programme to be held on 13-18 October 2022 in conjunction with the World Health Summit in Berlin, Germany, 16-18 October 2022. The WHS provides a forum within which the YPL will be exposed to an outstanding scientific and policy programme attended by a global group of medical and policy professionals. Previous YPL sessions have been very well received and a directory of alumni along with a series of videos describing the programme are available online.
Due to COVID 19, the sessions schedule in 2020 was cancelled and the 2021 re_scheduled at the regional WHS in Rome in June 2022. For more information please see: www.interacademies.org/37938/YPL
This 2022 annual programme which, once more, will be held in Berlin is articulated in three parts:
- A specific leadership development programme with a focus on analysing models of leadership with the aim of developing an individual action plan for personal leadership growth.
- A visit sponsored by the Bayer Science and Education Foundation to research laboratories in the Berlin area.
- Participation by the awardees in the events of the World Health Summit
This IAP programme will again have the collaboration of the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT) with the support of the Tides Foundation, the Charité, Universitätsmedizin Berlin and the Bayer Science & Education Foundation.
We are seeking to identify up to 20 outstanding Young Physician Leaders under the age of 40 who:
- Are pursuing careers in medical education, clinical leadership, public health, health policy and health services
- Show great promise for leadership in their chosen careers;
- Are enthusiastic, with outstanding communication skills and the ability, desire and personality to represent the medical profession well when interacting with the senior professionals from multiple sectors who will be at tending the World Health Summit.
- Are willing, after the Berlin experience, to engage with the wider YPL network, e.g. in developing collaborative projects.
We aim to convene a diverse group with multiple specialties and career interests, including but not exclusive to research, reflecting a diversity of geographic location and economic status of the representative countries. We especially encourage the nomination of women. Nominations will be accepted from members of the InterAcademy Partnership and the ‘M8 Alliance’ of academic centres. Each organization can nominate a maximum of two eligible physicians below the age of 40.
Deadline for nominations is 30 June 2022. For your nominations, kindly use the online form here: https://www.interacademies.org/form/young-physician-leaders
A committee of medical and scientific professionals appointed by the IAP Health Executive Committee will review all applications and select the candidates who best fit the criteria outlined above. Successful candidates will be contacted in early August 2022 with further details, precise dates and administrative procedures.
Successful candidates will have their local accommodation and meal costs covered and WHS registration will be waived. Participants from low and middle income countries will be provided with partial travel support to Berlin, if required. The travel to Berlin of accepted nominees from high-income countries is expected to be covered by the nominating academy/M8 Alliance member.